Please visit our Eviction help page for information about your rights, next steps, and where to get help.

State Assistance/Programs


Delaware-Specific COVID-19 Information

The Delaware Emergency Management Agency (DEMA) has up-to-date information and resources related to COVID19 on their website, at:

The Delaware Division of Medicaid and Medical Assistance is coordinating with federal and local partners to respond to COVID–19 as information becomes available. The latest Delaware specific information can be found at https://www.dhss/

If you have ques)ons about coronavirus in Delaware, contact the Division of Public Health (DPH) Call Center at 1-866 -408-1899 or The DPH Call Center is available Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. un)l 6:00 p.m., and Saturday and Sunday from 10:00 a.m. un)l 4:00 p.m.


Effective March 19, 2020, the Delaware Department of Health and Social Services (DHSS) has announced that all Medicaid renewals/recertification will be suspended and automatically renewed to avoid lapses in coverage.


Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) Premiums: Effective March 19, 2020, DHSS announced that all premiums for the CHIP program are waived to expand access to coverage for children in families who are otherwise eligible for the CHIP program.

Public Benefits

If you lost your job or hours due to COVID-19, you can apply for Medicaid/Medical Assistance, SNAP (Food Stamps), TANF cash assistance, or LIHEAP heating assistance. If you already receive any/all of these benefits, you may be able to get an increase in benefits due to your reduced income. To apply, go to:

Public Charge

During the COVID-19 outbreak, non-Citizens who need testing, and treatment related to the COVID-19 outbreak will not be considered a public charge by Immigration. If you have questions related to the public charge rule please contact Community Legal Aid Society for additional information.


If you or someone in your household is not working due to:

  • Shut downs because of the State of Emergency declaration;
  • Being ordered by a doctor to self quarantine;
  • Being forced to quit or take unpaid leave from your job to care for children due to the Governor’s emergency closure of schools

You could be eligible for unemployment benefits. Delawareans who would like to file for unemployment benefits online can visit If you have questions, you can email Department of Labor at or call them at 302-761-8446.